We’ve not heard much about the Sins of a Solar Empire expandalone/quasi sequel Rebellion since it appeared on the radar back in March. Today though Stardock sent over a couple of images (below) showing how the graphical overhaul will shiny-up the ships from the original game to give the new game a good dose of polish. And they are at least 25% shinier, according to my Pixelshaderised shinometer. Of course Sins of a Solar Empire has been expanding and overhauling aplenty (and with stuff that matters to the game) since the 2007 release, and became far more interesting to play after the Diplomacy pack. Rebellion gets to build on this with new factions, new ships, and of course the whole rebellion theme – factions will be splinter off the main factions to create “rebel” and “loyalist” sub-factions, which in turn makes the conflict all the more hectic. With that and some AI improvements, well, we’ll be looking forward to it. Still no release date for Rebellion, but apparently it will be digital download only. Convenient for some, as Sins is now on Steam.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Sins Of A Solar Empire: Trinity’
By Jim Rossignol on December 1st, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- The Random One : “If I was forced to make a shooter based on Syndicate, I'd make it a RTS game in which you can ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Phasma Felis : “Valve needs to get with the program and rename L4D2 "Left 5 Dead".” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- jamesgecko : “A Nexus 7? Hmm. An interesting incentive, considering that all the Puppygames titles are programmed in Android's native tongue, yet none are available on the ...” on Rezzed! Puppygames Hi-Score Competition, Space Hulk
- Phasma Felis : “Mouton: I'm calling it now. You didn't actually play Ep2 and are trolling. You are basically saying "Star Wars wasn't that great, anyway. Death Star? ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Frank : “Releasing those multiple versions was a good idea. For me, I might have waited for a sale if I didn't feel guilty for having played ...” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice