So I can barely even recollect the 2007 third-person fantasy RPG Dawn Of Magic (which was called something like “Blood Magic” in Russia), but that’s probably because it was deemed a bit rubbish. Undeterred by the picky Westerners, Russian developer Sky Fallen (who did Deathtrack Resurrection) is apparently working on what looks set to be sequel of sorts for the game, which will be called Time Of Shadows by new publishers Kalypso Media. Except no! We just got a press release thirty seconds ago announcing that Kalypso are calling it Dawn Of Magic 2, too. So what happens to Time Of Shadows now? No idea. They should probably just go for broke call it Blood Time Of Magi2 Dawn. Something like that.
Posts Tagged ‘sky fallen’
By Jim Rossignol on May 13th, 2009.
By Alec Meer on June 25th, 2008.
You may recall that Jim talked positively about Russian shooty-racer Death Track: Resurrection a little while ago – but then Jim says a lot of things, like how Belgians are trying to steal his eyebrows and that his favourite colour is burple.
Fortunately, a demo of this sequel/remake of an old Activision gem has just been released, so find out for yourself if this is Eastern promise or Slavic slop. Some quick thoughts on it below. Read the rest of this entry »
By Jim Rossignol on June 10th, 2008.
This was one of the many games I got to fiddle with when I was in Moscow recently, and I rather enjoyed myself. Death Track: Resurrection firmly plants its thematic key in the ignition slot of science fiction cars-with-guns racing. These cars are all quite firmly planted on the tarmac (except when they’re flying through the air) and it reminded me of a cross between Megarace and Bandits: Phoenix Rising, rather than good ‘ol Wipeout. Developers Sky Fallen, incidentally, have magnetic business cards that double up as miniature notepads. Awesome. The trailer is after the jump.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- John Walker : “Nope, that's not me. I'm sensibly dressed : )” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- Mr Coot : “I quite agree. All right-thinking people should recognise that this is a title by Activision. And just flea.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- ChaseGunman : “I knew the O'Zombies well. Decent folk, all except the youngest. Whiskey nose on him before he was out of short trousers. Terrible disappointment to ...” on Off To Eat Some Innards: American McGee’s OZombies
- 00000 : “There are still 5 players per team, 3 lanes and a jungle. Maybe if you'd combined SMITE with Ricochet, you'd have an exceptional MOBA.” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- zelgaris : “Also one of the "early access" players and also I can't agree with you. Only really valid point I see in your comment is the ...” on Element4l Still Looks Delightful, Releases This Week