There’s a lot to be gleaned from the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer World Premiere Trailer, though after typing out the cumbersome title I’m loathe to write anything else due to intense fingercramp. I’ll say this for it though: it manages to make combat look exciting, dramatic and bloody horrible, sometimes simultaneously. There’s lots of shooting, which I expected, lots of killing, which I also expected, but also large, spinning fuchsia dogtags, which I certainly didn’t expect. Admittedly, it is mostly man-shooting though. There’s evidence of all kinds of new as yet unexplained details, from strike packages to proficiency. What does it all mean? I’m going to say that men will use packages to strike other men in their proficiencies. Or some other combination of those words. You heard it hear first. Discuss and dissect below. Oh, and do look out for the particularly unpleasant Claymore-alike, the Bouncing Betty. Ouch.
Posts Tagged ‘Sledgehammer Games’
By Adam Smith on September 2nd, 2011.
By John Walker on May 14th, 2011.
It’s been a funny week for leaks and attacks. Deus Ex Human Revolution’s website getting hacked (which does seem a bit like Thief 4′s website getting stolen), an MP leaking a game announcement (which is my favourite embargo break ever – presumably Creative Assembly will be punishing Vaizey by refusing to give him preview code), and then the rather astonishing complete spoil-fest of not only huge amounts of content for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but even that Modern Warfare 3 exists. Activision and Infinity Ward have sprung into action and created four teaser trailers that confirm it all for themselves. You can watch them below.
Respond to our gibber
- basilisk : “The corner they've painted themselves into is getting smaller and smaller all the time. I for one think BioShock Infinite absolutely out-Half-Lifed Half-Life. There's no ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- RaveTurned : “Sorry, Half-Whatnow? No, the name doesn't ring a bell.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Roritharr : “Was HL2 EP2 such an financial failure? Artistically it was very good and made in an acceptable time-frame. What threw that team of the track?” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Lars Westergren : “Having a mailing list, an issue tracker, or even a large number of members is not evidence that a project is alive. Just look at ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Gap Gen : “My guess is that they're going to release it without warning, just to mess with people.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush