Those handsome chaps at Massively have scooped the announcement of Snail Games USA’s next free-to-play MMO, which is the handsome-looking Age Of Wushu. The game’s flag-waving feature set all derives from it being based on wuxia-type fictions, which means the characters are capable of absurd Kung Fu movie actions, such as being able to run on the surface of water. It also has a few ideas that are unusual in free MMOs, such as offline skill progression. You can see the AoW characters pulling off all sorts of unlikely moves, as well as slightly too many camera pans over pretty East Asian architecture, in the first trailer, which is below. There’s going to be an “international” beta starting next month. No word on any EU release at present.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Snail Games USA’
By Jim Rossignol on January 6th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on September 7th, 2010.
For a browser-based RTS it’s looking pretty complex, featuring a number of historical factions with their own hero characters, player-driven trading economics, PvP and Guild vs Guild battles, and the ability to travel about with your merchants, trading as you go. Developers Snail need as many people as possible for this next stage of their testing, so go give it a look.
Respond to our gibber
- Kitsunin : “Now that I know about the whole tarot thing, it's odd. It makes sense though, really. I would normally be really confused if swords were ...” on Roguelikeboardgamelike: Cryptic Comet’s Occult Chronicles
- Phasma Felis : “Come now, Syndicate wasn't that bad.” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- oldfart : “Man, I'd totally would buy a nerd glasses + crowbar combo.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Josh W : “You could at least try, angle for something less addictive.” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- Runs With Foxes : “why” on Revealed – Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number