I enjoy when a game experience creates moods or emotions, rather than coherent narrative sense. And Tale Of Tales have certainly done that for me in the past. But with Vanitas I hold up my hands and admit defeat. It’s a box with some stuff in. I haven’t been able to interpret any more than that, despite the explanations on the site. Previously an iPhone game, it’s now available for free to play with Unity on PC (look for tiny text saying “Try free web version”). So for once I’m going to be negative about the experience, and others can correct me where I’ve missed the point.
Posts Tagged ‘some stuff in a box’
By John Walker on August 26th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- FurryLippedSquid : “That would fit as Rufus was a poodle and Rommel was a spaniel. So Monty's spaniel called Rommel, Churchill's poodle called Rufus, and Gibson's labrador ...” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide
- Glottis1 : “Just realized how much kinect for pc actually costs. Are you kidding, over 200€ I would buy kinect right now, if it would cost 50€.” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- KDR_11k : “Gamersgate has some space related stuff at 75% off, mostly indie games but also some classics like MOO2.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- VelvetFistIronGlove : “I and a friend used them for Metro: Last Light, and had no trouble. Got the key within minutes.” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- Reapy : “30 fps is the hold back for using it with that or as a trackir replacement. Might work nice but response at 30fps isn't as ...” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year