The early/mid 90s was a confusing time to love Sega games. Sure, they were still pumping out classic software left, right and centre, but they couldn’t make their mind up about which piece of home console hardware they wanted you to own the most. The Mega CD was a CD based expansion for their trusty Mega Drive, which let you play many of the same games as you could play on cartridges, just with higher audio fidelity and price tags. There was also a few Mega CD exclusive games though, probably most noteworthy was their flagship platforming mascot’s imaginatively titled Sonic CD, which is now heading to PC (again). Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’
By Lewie Procter on September 5th, 2011.
By Alec Meer on October 21st, 2010.
Is this allowed? Are shotgun-wielding Sega employees hauling a bound and gagged indie developer to a shed in the everglades even as we speak? Quick, before it’s too late: one Mr Sonic T. Hedgehog is wearing his PC hat for the first time in years, in the form of a fan-made remake of his classic jewellery-thieving, animal-bothering outing. Given half the world’s frothing/complaining about having Sonic 4 on their eXecutableBoxes this week, it’s good to have a spot of blue spiky retro-fetishism on PC too. It’s a sort of 2.5D thing: modern visuals, olden DNA.
Here’s the 100MB demo, but as it’s only hosted on RapidShare for the time being, you might want to stare at the below video while you wait. Pretties, if on the manic side.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Kieron Gillen on November 5th, 2009.
Alphaxion noted that old romantic partners of RPS, UK Resistance has broke the news of a new Sonic the Hedgehog PC game. It’s clearly an entirely legitimate product from Sega, and in a Modern-Warfare-2 piece of relevancy, the eponymous spiked-creature is now homeless, living under a bridge and doing drugs. Nice one Sega. Developed by one chap in four days, it’s simultaneously a revisionist masterpiece which makes us reconsider our relationship with the medium and total crap. More details over at UK:R. Send our love.
Respond to our gibber
- Matzerath : “Thank you for your kind words about my creepy game!” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- tulebuhyhafeA4 : “Alexandra. true that Joseph`s st0rry is nice... on wednesday I got a great new Mazda MX-5 after bringing in $8525 this last five weeks and ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- Vandelay : “I've seen this confusion over denying and complaints that it is a rather obtuse game mechanic many a time, yet I still don't really see ...” on The Sunday Papers
- dE : “You really haven't seen the posts "Oh mod support, better prepare for titties and piles of shit" and stuff like that?” on The Sunday Papers
- blackmyron : “The Fermi Paradox was also made in a period where we had no direct proof there was a single planet orbiting another star, much less ...” on The Sunday Papers