Here’s something: since the release of Valve’s free Source-based co-op shooter Alien Swarm which took us all by surprise last year, hippies and socialists have been able to get their hands on a Source-based game without paying a thing, which in turn lets them play those lovely Source mods for free as well. Well, we’ve just received word from Valve’s Robin Walker that due to the recent release of a free Team Fortress 2, the Source SDK will soon become free to use in its entirety, for everyone.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Source SDK’
By Andrew Smee on June 30th, 2011.
By Alec Meer on May 11th, 2011.
It’s out! It’s here! If you a) loved Portal 2 and want more and b) were one of the lunatics who claimed it was only five minutes long or c) felt it didn’t get as hardcore as it might have done, you may in one or all of those cases be very pleased to hear that the official modkit has been released – a flurry of fan-made extra game content hopefully awaits. Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- darkChozo : “Okay, yeah. I'm not at the point where there's multiple tiers of quality, so I didn't realize that could be an issue. For fairness's sake, ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- colossalstrikepackage : “Yeah. This is definitely what I want more of on this site. Subversive is good if it's truthful. And I think Rab's nailed the board ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- microminiature : “I am trembling with reasonable apprehension.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- sinister agent : “That was why I never went back to the first game after playing the first level. It was alright, and the concept was neat, but ...” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- Dana : “No Ghostface ? I'm impressed.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery