Experimental FPS game Souvenir is, well, a bit broken. It’s a work in progress, though – part of a Design and Technology MFA – and not certainly broken enough to obscure the fact that there’s a tremendous idea in here: a gravity-plane-changing mechanic that pushes into the territory of Psychonaut’s Milkman level, while playing with spatial relations in impossible Escher-like surroundings. The glitchiness of the main mechanic was a little frustrating, but only because I was tantalised by this work in progress. If they can get the bumps in the road sorted out, make the play as polished as the dreamlike visuals, and bolt an end on, then it could be a fascinating experience. You can try it for free on PC and Mac just here.
Posts Tagged ‘Souvenir’
By Jim Rossignol on May 9th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- 12inch PlasticToy : “...the Romans?” on A Work Of Art: Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion Trailer
- Cryptoshrimp : “From what I saw, you could play as the police as well, so that's your right-wing perspective? It seemed ambiguous as to who where the ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Nickel : “The problem is that once you have taken a look at the wiki to find out how the game works so you don't just stumble ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Ninja Foodstuff : “"I don't know where you get your information from" *checks link on poster's username*” on 18 Minutes Of Heaven: Grim Dawn Alpha Footage
- AngoraFish : “Game Dev Tycoon is fantastic as a mobile game, but seriously underdeveloped for something I might want to invest time in on the PC.” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More