When X Rebirth was announced back in April, there wasn’t a huge amount of information to ponder so it seemed natural to expect something similar to previous games in the series. Turns out that while there will still be a great deal of piloting and trading, some things have indeed changed. The most significant shift is the focus to one ship, The Pride of Albion, which is upgradeable and customisable but cannot be switched out for a different vessel. In a forum post outlining some details about the game, Bernd Lehahn pre-empted the horror of the fanbase: “But before you get upset and complain about the lack of freedom to steer other ships, WAIT”. Are you waiting? Because that command was capitalised. OK, now click.
Posts Tagged ‘space shopping’
By Adam Smith on October 5th, 2011.
By John Walker on April 20th, 2011.
Fans of the X series? Awake from your comas – the series is back with the freshly announced X: Rebirth. There’s four images, too. And a trailer!
I know there are mixed opinions of the space shopping X games (no skateboarding jokes, please), but really no one is in any position to disagree with their having named the first game’s expansion pack, “X-Tension”. Really, let’s all stop and just clap at our monitors for a moment.
Respond to our gibber
- Xyvik : “No, 35% is an excellent deal as an author. And it's an excellent deal just about anywhere in the creative community where you make your ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- The Random One : “That article (and the linked documentary) about the eternal mapmaker is absolutely beautiful. Now I keep imagining towns in the middle of farmland being swallowed ...” on The Sunday Papers
- lameudgha : “Here is it: http://leviathyn~” on The Younger Scrolls: Morblivion – Frontiers
- lameudgha : “Can’t really talk about Bender and TF2 without this: http://www.youtu~” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- lameudgha : “The modelers of the original versions of the hats get a cut of the profits, too. Everyone (except Kollega) wins!http://www.~” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update