We had thought Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed III six separate releases was confusing. The plans for the game everyone at RPS is most excited to play this year, Dishonored, now makes that move look positively bland. In a display of eye-rolling pre-order bonus alchemy, Bethesda have announced a divisive and flat-out bizarre set of retailer-dependent exclusives. It takes the form of a handy guide for publishers to see exactly how they shouldn’t promote a game, as you can see below.
Posts Tagged ‘special editions’
By John Walker on July 27th, 2012.
By John Walker on July 18th, 2012.
There is certainly a long list of things we grumble about when it comes to game releases these days, from day one DLC to whichever mad choice of DRM accompanies, but they can all pretty much be summed up in one statement: Just release the game. It would make every gamer so much happier. And on that list is when games release themselves in different versions, with different in-game content. So that makes the six different versions of Assassin’s Creed III (the game itself) not only confusing, but pretty annoying. Especially when it’s a game that’s looking so great.
Respond to our gibber
- Keyrock : “They'll throw a complete curveball and call it Left 5 Dead. Then they'll spread rumors about 4 Left 4 Dead: The Case of the Missing ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Chris D : “I can't be the only one to have bought Gunpoint solely on the basis of Tom's contribution to the Neptune's Pride diaries, surely? Anyway, no ...” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice
- PopeRatzo : “The good news is that Half-Life 3 is in development. The bad news is that it's a third-person free-to-play shooter where every health/suit station requires ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Doomsayer : “3333333333333333~” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Sian : “I think Crispin was talking about your misuse of initialisms: "first-person shooter" view and "third-person shooter" view - that's adorable and worth ruffling your hair ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush