I like it when developers take a bit of a leap. So Dustforce developer Hitbox Team’s announcement that their next game won’t be a 2D platformer made me tingle. Instead it’ll be a first-person platform game called Spire. Spire is a good name. The real-world has buildings or towers. It’s only a spire if it’s in a fantasy world. And you know if you hear such a name then it means you’re going to be ascending. Spire is Esperanto for “climb the bloody thing”, after all.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Spire’
By Craig Pearson on January 15th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- Johnny Go-Time : “I agree with much of what ppl have said already. What hubris to demand such a high minimum buy-in! Why should I fund this instead ...” on Guns For Hire: Jagged Alliance – Flashback
- Jason Moyer : “The official website is titled "Need For Speed Shift 2 Unleashed" and the game itself has the NFS logo all over it.” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- gwathdring : “Wait. When do you sleep?” on Parkour Vs Zombies: Techland’s Dying Light
- gwathdring : “@Grape Flavor Fair enough. I'm less frustrated by it, but I certainly understand the tendency to push back against an echo chamber. I'm not particularly ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- PastyAndUnhealthy : “I played it! It was pretty cool.” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows