Something old, something new, something borrowed and something doomed. That’s the remit, chaps, keeping you updated with all things hard and gamey every week. I’ll stick the best of the latest kit and most RPS-relevant trends under your snouts, a mix of kit I’ve tried, stuff I haven’t got my hands on yet but looks interesting and other things wot you need to know. This week, some sexy new screens, a new SSD from Intel, a pint-sized gaming portable, AMD on the ropes and more. So much more. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘SSDs’
By Jeremy Laird on November 22nd, 2012.
By Jeremy Laird on November 1st, 2012.
Quick (and slightly belated, sorry team – Jim) heads up to the RPS massive regarding a couple of interesting new SSDs from Samsung. I speak of the 840 and 840 Pro Series drives, which respectively promise to insert a bat up the nightdress of SSD pricing and performance. One will be uber cheap. The other crazy fast. Eventually, anyway.
Ideally, of course, we’d have cheap and fast in one drive. And big. Hold that thought. First, let’s consider these new Sammy drives. The plain 840 Series’ party trick is the the introduction of Triple-Level Cell or TLC flash memory.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- jrodman : “Oh dear, you have now outed yourself as a robot. Or a vampire, Or perhaps some combination of the two. I for one, want you ...” on Gunpoint’s Creator Is Now Fabulously Wealthy, Still Nice
- Ultra Superior : “I agree it is a good game with great atmosphere and it is underrated. Deserves a try.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- Commissar Choy : “I actually plan on playing this at RTX next month :D” on Revealed – Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- Arathain : “I think you could have avoided making that pun.” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- DrScuttles : “Way to kill the mood, JLS.” on GI Joe Danger: Hello Games’ Team Fortress 2 Crossover