This is unexpected. Midway have released 2006′s Stainless Steel Games’ swansong Rise & Fall for free. Nought. Nada. Bar a couple of gigs of bandwidth, of course. It’s an interesting one, certainly – its idea was merging a traditional RTS with a more hands-on hero mode. You built up the ability and then, when the moment was right and battle was joined, you took control of your hero in a first person fashion. It actually divided the RPS team’s affections. I thought it was mediocre at best while Tim Stone totally adored it. And even I agree at this price, it’s certainly amusing enough to take the chance on, in case you’re in Tim’s corner rather than mine. Get it from here. Also, some a video beneath the cut to help you make up your mind.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘stainless steel games’
By Kieron Gillen on October 8th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- Audiocide : “Different for the sake of different isn't necessarily a good thing. There are a bunch of games with zombies out there, but the genre doesn't ...” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- CrispinFister : “You know, it's almost as if people are deliberately taking advantage of the fact that 99% of humanity is stuck inside a massive nostalgia-circle~ or ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Zenicetus : “"The combat was almost identical the entire way through" I think that's what made me quit somewhere in the middle, after one of those big ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- kalirion : “http://groupees.~ $1 to get: Patrician IV Steam Special Edition + Rise of a Dynasty DLC (Steam) Slam Bolt Scrappers (Steam) Fairy Boom Freesia (Steam, Desura, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- DataVortex : “You can now purchase Word Realms for $11 at http://www.wordr~” on I Put A Spell On You: Word Realms Trailer