I’m charging up my caveat cannon: pshwwwwwwwwwwwwew. Shield disrupted. Right, so this is Star Command, a Kickstarted cross between FTL and The Sims. I’ve been waiting for an extended look at it for a whole space year, and last night one appeared on my tactical screen. A warning: while it has been announced for both mobile and immobile devices, the video I’m embedding below is of the mobile version. But it shows the first extensive look at how the game will work, and the basics of both will be the same. Let’s see what life aboard the Sparklemagic under captain Twinkle Magoo will be like.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Star Command’
By Craig Pearson on October 17th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- RedViv : “I doubt that the game design can ever match up with how pretty it looks and sounds.” on Final Fantasy XIV Rebirthing Its Realm In August
- Esteis : “Chap with the wooden leg is bound to a pirate of some sort, although the only peg-legged one Wikipedia had for me is one François ...” on Diablincoln: Second Chance Heroes Fuses ARPGs, History
- Gap Gen : “And shadows just have thieves hiding in them, anyway, ready to steal all your gold coins and candlesticks when their gem goes dark.” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows
- SkittleDiddler : “I didn't make a fat joke. And we're not talking about what Valve's done in the past.” on Valve’s CS: GO Overwatch Are Always Watching
- KDR_11k : “Shadows kinda necessitate a platformer, they're sidescrolling 2D after all.” on The Soaring ’20s: Contrast Platforms On The Shadows