It turns out that Jagex’s planned MechScape MMO wasn’t the follow up to RuneScape after all – in fact it got scrapped – and instead they are planning a sci-fi MMO called Stella Dawn. Not much in the way of details yet, but there’s some art and a beta sign up form over on the site. Eurogamer report that a “sizeable chunk” of the game will be free, and that it is Jagex’s most ambitious game ever. I guess we’ll get to see a lot more of that in the coming months. I’d like to see someone do a genuinely playable sci-fi MMO that wasn’t just spaceships, at least.
Posts Tagged ‘Stella Dawn’
By Jim Rossignol on July 14th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Audiocide : “Different for the sake of different isn't necessarily a good thing. There are a bunch of games with zombies out there, but the genre doesn't ...” on 7 Days To Die Looks Virally Impressive
- CrispinFister : “You know, it's almost as if people are deliberately taking advantage of the fact that 99% of humanity is stuck inside a massive nostalgia-circle~ or ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- Zenicetus : “"The combat was almost identical the entire way through" I think that's what made me quit somewhere in the middle, after one of those big ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- kalirion : “http://groupees.~ $1 to get: Patrician IV Steam Special Edition + Rise of a Dynasty DLC (Steam) Slam Bolt Scrappers (Steam) Fairy Boom Freesia (Steam, Desura, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- DataVortex : “You can now purchase Word Realms for $11 at http://www.wordr~” on I Put A Spell On You: Word Realms Trailer