Turn-based combat, a low-fantasy approach to vikings and a scenario that is more concerned with surviving a world’s end than preventing it. That’s what The Banner Saga promises, as well as beautiful animation, conversations with consequences and a changeable world that doesn’t revolve around the player. It’s the kind of shopping list I so often take to the supermarket, only to return with the ingredients for a tasty Thai curry having realised that while the constituent parts of food can be purchased, concepts cannot be bought until they are given form. But they can be funded. Yep, it’s Kickstarter time again.
Posts Tagged ‘Stoic’
By Adam Smith on March 19th, 2012.
By John Walker on February 29th, 2012.
The ex-BioWare bods, Stoic, with their offices in a goat shed have released a trailer for the intriguing The Banner Saga. Revealing the traditional animation style, as well as the ye-olde-school grid-based turn-based combat, along with RPG-like dialogue options, it gives you an idea of the tone being aimed at, if not how it will feel to play. We’ve also got some rather lovely screenshots that we’ll even let you look at. If you’re good.
By John Walker on February 22nd, 2012.
Former BioWareites, Stoic, are formed from a gathering of those who worked on Star Wars: The Old Republic, then ran off into the Texan wastelands to form their own studio. The three-man indie team is working on an online hybrid called The Banner Saga, that plans to merge RPG, turn-based strategy, and vikings. It is the combination mentioned in the Mayan Codecs.
Respond to our gibber
- ankh : “War paid my mortgage.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- jonahcutter : “Yeah, I agree. This is the exact kind of crow-funded project that appeals to me. I'd rather help them try to pull it off then ...” on Polyptical Discourse: The Kingsport Cases
- Spazmok : “the real question is does the base game include more than 6 maps? I felt a little ripped off with the first game.” on Wot I Think: Sanctum 2
- The_Great_Skratsby : “It's the prequel to Battlezone that I've always dreamed of. Hngngng.” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer
- Henke : “Quite frankly deathmatch does sound better than those alternatives. There are already time trials where you can compare your score against other players, and I ...” on Shooting The Moon: Lunar Flight Adds Multiplayer