Robot Rising is actually a Facebook-bound ARPG, featuring robots. But do they rise at all? Well, maybe a little bit, but mostly they kill other robots on a
2D 3D plane. Not much rising involved there. But anyway, even if you think social games are at an “evolutionary dead end” there’s still a glimmer of hope in the likes of the Robot Rising devs, Stomp Games, saying that they believe Facebook needs “core” games for more traditional gamers. Perhaps it does. And ARPGs might be a step in the right direction for that. Gunshine wasn’t too bad, either.
Posts Tagged ‘Stomp Games’
By Jim Rossignol on July 11th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- quijote3000 : “Some people are just prudes” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- darkChozo : “A soft reset sidesteps the issue of stealing money from your customers - they keep their Zen, they lose whatever they bought with it but ...” on Neverwinter Money Exploit Sees Cryptic Turn Back Time
- strangeloup : “If it was a Cloak and Dagger tech theft, they probably would have got away with it but only if they stopped moving for a ...” on GameFace: Valve’s AR Goggles Surface Elsewhere
- HadToLogin : “I guess with THQ as publisher, retailers could demand more, since THQ was desperate for money. I really don't remember that many games that offer ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- shrewdlogarithm : “Which could be tricky for some folks - you have 29 hours to hit the 'daily' window for a Celestial Coin - anyone who was ...” on Neverwinter Money Exploit Sees Cryptic Turn Back Time