The gigantic Oblivion total conversion Nehrim: At Fate’s Edge was release a few months back in its native German. The colossal four-year project is a remarkable undertaking, both revamping the standard Oblivion mechanics (improving skills by use being massively toned down, for example) and creating an world of its own, complete with lore and quest lines. The mod features a hand-crafted “continent-sized” map and a core storyline that could last over forty hours. Boonfully it has now been translated into English, so that all the UI and quest text is in English, and the German voice-acting is now subtitled. Clearly, Oblivion owners are going to want to consider this. But what should they expect? Some thoughts below.
Posts Tagged ‘SureAI’
By Jim Rossignol on September 13th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Mr. Mister : “I'll be the one pulling the superstrings.” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Sam : “Wow, I definitely recommend downloading the tech demo for SpinTires, despite their shocking misuse of the letter i. A slightly more direct link: http://www.oovee~ The ...” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide
- Christo4 : “This! If they had a MP game for 15-20$ I'm pretty sure that people would have funded at least half of it by now. It ...” on Heavy Gear Assault Now Promises Single-Player
- malkav11 : “They were shut down years ago, so no, you can't. As a solo game, Mercs 2 has -serious- issues but they don't become apparent immediately ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- marsilainen : “The spintires tech demo is fun as hell! Who knew that rolling in shit with multi ton russian vehicle could be this entertaining. The physics ...” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide