Remember when Deep Silver’s Dead Island Riptide “Zombie Bait Edition” torso statue came out and we were mostly all like, okay weird gross statue of a bikinied lady who has been brutally dismembered, but honestly, where is my dismembered bloody man crotch in Calvin Kleins? Oh that was only me then. (It is odd being a woman in this industry sometimes.) Well, I guess Deep Silver were slightly burnt by the expressions of disgust we all had. Now they are giving us the chance to vote for a whole host of weird Saints Row IV Collector’s Edition stuff.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘survey’
By Cara Ellison on March 20th, 2013.
By Craig Pearson on March 12th, 2012.
If the barter system existed across the board for games this wouldn’t be worth mentioning, but until the day we’re released from the bonds of the current economic system, in about two weeks, it’s still an unusual move: Paradox Interactive is giving away a copy of the really rather decent Cities in Motion on Gamer’s Gate to the people who take the 20 or so minutes it takes to answer this survey.
Read the rest of this entry »
By John Walker on July 30th, 2008.
Reader Huon Longman got in touch with us, asking if we could help out with his thesis study examining the levels of social support derived by players of MMOs based on the resulting social networking, as well as what effects this has on symptoms of anxiety and depression, stress levels, and overall life satisfaction.
Which seems like an interesting study to us, so why not. If you think you’re a WoW player, and interested, there’s an FAQ all about the project below, along with details of where to get involved.
By John Walker on November 14th, 2007.
Valve have released the latest user survey data, which records the specs of the machines, and software on those machines, belonging to the people playing their games.
If you’ve used Steam, you’ll know that every now and then you’re asked to participate in the survey (and if you’re me, which I am, you’ll know that for some reason it always fails to send). All that data is collated into their constantly updating results page, where you can go, “Coo, are people really still trying to use machines with 128MB RAM?” And then laugh about how superior your machine is, until noticing that 3.95% of people have quadcore, and feeling rubbish again.
Respond to our gibber
- gschmidl : “Yes, it's still the same, including a lack of punctuation on all dialogue. It's just sloppy and lazy all over. On the other hand, being ...” on A Grim Couple Of Hours With Akaneiro: Demon Hunter
- roselynne : “This is more great than one I know in some game sites.. I hope izombiegames.com will have the same ideas.” on Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery Headed For PC
- Moraven : “Taking all the cards equal or better than what is expected in the Xbone and PS4. 20.19% is the total % from all the cards ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- roselynne : “This game means a lot to me, this is in fact one of my favorite and even reminds me of the times that I am ...” on Mulling Mode 7 Man’s Management-Centric Maia
- roselynne : “this is great.” on Mulling Mode 7 Man’s Management-Centric Maia