Gosh! No, wait. Gish! That’s better. If there’s an obvious inspiration for Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios’ cute 2D side-scrolling platformer, it’s that oddly timeless IGF winner. That and Katamari Damacy. But that’s not to say Mutant Blobs Attack doesn’t have its own strengths. It certainly brings a lot to the mutant blob physics puzzler 2d platform genre.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack’
By Craig Pearson on August 17th, 2012.
By Adam Smith on July 30th, 2012.
Resembling a hybrid of Gish and Katamari Damacy, Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, is a PS Vita title that is set to infiltrate Steam on August 15th. As I’ve never even touched a PS Vita ,I can only report second hand that handheld holders mostly greeted the sci-fi silliness with a hearty roar of approval. The game is apparently more of a platformer than the Katamari Damacy comparison might suggest, although it is necessary to absorb and grow in order to pass obstacles and checkpoints. The short trailer below also shows a glimpse of the top-down minigame levels, enhanced for PC.
Respond to our gibber
- RobF : “"Thats how the world works." Nah man, that's not an excuse for not trying to improve things. It never is. The world -only- works that ...” on Robots Need Hats Too: TF2′s Community Created Update
- robotslave : “By this standard, of course, "propaganda" is a word without any meaning at all. But then, that's what you meant, right?” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Lawful Evil : “@cowardly: "I do agree that it’s unfair to do what he did" Why? Because of this: "giving back to the mathematical community that, given his ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Lawful Evil : “They simply allow other aspects of yourself to surface. Do not think that anger is any less legitimate aspect of yourself than being calm and ...” on The Sunday Papers
- robotslave : “It always amuses me to see Max Weber grossly misquoted like this; he doesn't merely observe that government "has a monopoly on force," but rather ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More