The secretive world of Minecraft snapshots, the semi-official weekly updates that Mojang puts out to test the updates, delivered a doozy of an update last week. It supports animated textures. The theory goes that people will use the textures to animate small blocks. So you could have fizzing fire crawling along a Redstone circuit, or maybe a you could use it to animate a powered circuit, like the frightening magic picture above. Cool, huh? Of course, some people have to take it too far.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘texture pack’
By Craig Pearson on January 14th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- lowprices : “If you saw it, then be sure to keep a log of the fact.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- Vandelay : “Heavy: Nom Nom Nom Scout: Bonk!” on GI Joe Danger: Hello Games’ Team Fortress 2 Crossover
- maximiZe : “Nothing about this game is unique.” on Less Wooden: War Logs Improves Voice Acting
- borut : “Because of the expense of releasing this content as DLC for all previous Microsoft platforms, as well as current market conditions, we’ve decided to focus ...” on Skulls Of The Shogun Escapes Windows 8 Tyranny
- Kobest : “Not even an inch! :D But joking aside, don't get me wrong, there were some geniune moments in the game. Going into the memories of ...” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman