The Intel Troll (pictured) dropped us a line to announce their new Level Up competition, and it’s looking fairly shiny. There’s a couple of tiers to the competition, with pros/hobbyists and students judged separately. The lowdown is that the grand prize for professional/hobbyist level entries is an all-expense paid trip to the Tokyo Game Show. The prize for the student-level competition is a pass to GDC San Francisco 2011, as well as marketing support for their game from Intel and “a marketing firm”. There are also “Best Game For Desktop, Laptop, and Netbook” categories, each with their own $5000-plus-big-fat-PC prizes, and more for “judges choice” awards. Thousands of dollars worth of stuff, basically. So that’s probably worth looking into if you’re in the game-making business. Details on how to get in on it below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘that’s a shiny thing’
By Jim Rossignol on March 16th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- DellyWelly : “Girls love sexy hidden geek. Yup, read it again. Again... Believe. Dare to Believe.” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- David Bliff : “It's a legitimately good movie. So is Syriana, which he also wrote (and directed!)” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Simbosan : “Yes there are indeed tasks where you combine 4 lower level assets but the 4 you combine must be Zen purchased. You can't combine four ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- The Random One : “Ah, N. The first game I've ever been rubbish at. Many would follow.” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- nearly : “I have almost zero interest in board games, and would have had much less interest in them if not for this column and "Venice, Gone" ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die