I’ve been taking a look at some of the games in the 17th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition and though I’m not going to refer to these as “the cream of the crop”, having not harvested the entire crop yet, they should fulfill a variety of your text-based needs. With storytelling in games high on the agenda today, it’s a particularly interesting moment to look at the different ways narrative can be explored through interactive prose. Far from fetch quests and attempts to second-guess a limited vocabulary, interactive fiction at its best can allow a reader-player to discover stories in all kinds of interesting ways. This way to words about words.
Posts Tagged ‘the binary’
By Adam Smith on October 5th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- Barberetti : “Wow, that trailer (and the WiT) have made me interested in playing a FPS for the first time in years. Congrats Techland, you've got my ...” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- MrThingy : “Wheeeee. I got bronze for humour, which is probably more than the game deserved by a long shot! :P "Be The Wind" ( http://www.ludum~ ) ...” on Fin: Here Are The ‘Minimal’ Ludum Dare Winners
- gogozombie : “I bought and have been playing this game. It has a long way to go, but it has also come a long way. I wish ...” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update
- Jason Moyer : “Sombitch that looks good.” on Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger Trailer #23134
- Wret : “I've been playing. Still has stability issues though which hampers my enthusiasm abit. However the LARGE and MYTHICAL engine update/upgrade/"~ of some sort" that is ...” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update