This is quite bad for me personally. Binding of Isaac, you see, unhinged one of its many grotesque orifices and devoured my life last year. The number of hours I sank into Edmund McMillen’s blood-sweat-tear-and-excrement-based roguelike could be described as substantial. Conversely, activities that failed to receive that designation during a similar timeframe include eating, sleeping, and not being presumed dead by most of my friends and family members. So, while you say hello to Binding of Isaac’s Wrath of the Lamb downloadable expansion, I say goodbye. Probably forever.
Posts Tagged ‘The Binding of Isaac: The Wrath Of the Lamb’
By Nathan Grayson on May 29th, 2012.
By Adam Smith on May 8th, 2012.
Despite the constant flow of new games to try, be they the sort of grand strategy that devours weeks or tiny flights of fancy, there are some games more than a fortnight old that I still find time to play. The Binding of Isaac is one. Short, decidedly sour and extremely attentive to my desire for carefully controlled randomisation and odd loot, every journey into the basement has something to offer. We knew an expansion was on its way and now we know it’ll be here on May 28th. According to the trailer, it’ll also contain ‘more’ of just about everything.
By Adam Smith on January 6th, 2012.
I still haven’t done everything there is to do in The Binding of Isaac and it’s one of the few games that I’ll happily revisit for achievements and items. I want every item and I want to kill every boss with every character. That’s why the news of an expansion fills me with pleasure and anxiety, although not in equal measure. The anxiety is tiny and might just be the standard white noise of dread that hums in my ears whenever I’m awake. The pleasure is immense. I always hoped Isaac would continue to sprout growths and the free Halloween update was ace. The next will require a small payment – it’s going by the name The Wrath of the Lamb and according to Edmund, it adds about 50% new content. More details below.
Respond to our gibber
- Gravy100 : “These are all very nice and all but i just can't settle until Rogue Legacy comes out HURRY IT UP VALVERINO!” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Zealuu : “Piracy or not, Game Dev Tycoon is surprisingly fun and addictive. Although the actual tycoon aspect is a bit underplayed, the game simply doesn't have ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- WrenBoy : “I honestly dont know which choice of words you find objectionable or why. I assume you do not disagree with the disproportionali~ of violence committed ...” on Telltale On Wolf Among Us, Following The Walking Dead
- DarkMalice : “So they've inherited Games Workshop's business mantra as well as their W40k licence then.” on The Flare Path: Parleys With A Warlord
- SKapsniak : “I voted for Stardew Valley and Legends of Eisenwald so I'm happy to see them get in. Bleed looks like a super-fun game that I ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More