Having been messing around with UT3 again in the wake of the ongoing Make Something Unreal competition, I’ve picked up a load of levels and mods, some of which I’ll probably post about here in the next few days. The one that I want to get out of the way first is the excellent third-person demon/zombie shooter, The Haunted. (It’s an Unreal Tournament 3 mod, obviously.) Now I’m betting there are few people here who will sign for a moratorium on zombie games in 2010, but until then this is a genuinely excellent piece of work. There’s a single player game, and multiplayer in which “humans” take on demons controlled by other players. The core concept for solo play is “just try and stay alive”. And that really does become tricky as the ammo runs out and the baddies pile in. It’s beautifully conceived and executed, and supernaturally bleak weather rolls in as the game unfolds, making it even more threatening. Get it here, or watch the video below for more flavour.
Posts Tagged ‘the haunted’
By Jim Rossignol on August 6th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- RaiderJoe : “Wow, they're getting smarter. They're… adapting!” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Syphus : “I don't really have all that much to contribute here, but I just wanted to say that this is still my favorite column on the ...” on Cardboard Children: Change Or Die
- ClawMark : “Yeah my dropbox account got pretty hammered, a few other sites re-uploaded it, so here's one of the non-intrusive ones: http://bartbonte~” on Fin: Here Are The ‘Minimal’ Ludum Dare Winners
- hotmaildidntwork : “I'm definitely going back for a bit just to fly the Liberator as it always should have been. How I miss conducting actual bombing runs ...” on Why Not? – PlanetSide 1 Kinda Free Now, F2P Soon
- shrk : “Sourceforts4dead~” on Hammer Time: The Dead Linger’s Barricade Update