I went to Youtube and searched for “that immersive sim that’s being made by the Dark Messiah dude and the guy from Deus Ex“, which I’ll admit was a typo as I was really looking for “Loch Ness monster proof” videos. But to my pleasant surprise it turned up a double-header interview with the lead designers of Dishonored. Game Informer sat down in Arkane’s oddly coloured offices to talk to Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio, and while there’s nothing even remotely touching on ancient dinosaurs being trapped in bodies of water (for LochPaperShotgun), there’s a lot of chat about the immersive assassin ‘em up’s systems. They really are looking at the making the game a reflection of the player’s actions, from extreme of violence to the other. But even then Harvey Smith points out: “We do have an ideal player in mind, though. Somme body who listens and is more thorough, and is a little trickier, a little craftier and uses their powers in interesting combinations and exploits the AI.” Music to my ears. Videos have snuck into the post below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘the person in the background’
By Craig Pearson on April 24th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- SanguineAngel : “My needs are simpler - I desire another Burnout Revenge complete with after touch and hot seat crash event and split screen racing. I like ...” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- Emeraude : “i>Are you sure you understand the issue being discussed? Are you sure *you* do ? it’s the infringement of the developer’s copyright which is the ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- Kollega : “Recently, i was thinking about that idea i had, about an open-world NFS game set in eastern Germany in the early Nineties, just after the ...” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- Liudeius : “Why does no one understand the concept of saving the lives? TRIAGE goddamnit. The kids with cancer are already dead (and the millions of dollars ...” on Wake Sale: Alan Wake Now Humbled And Bundled
- Lanfranc : “You should know that horsing around is a stable of RPS.” on What Did You Get Up To: Last Knight