Another Valve-inspired short film to enjoy this morning. Many years ago, John showed off part one of the Purchase Brothers guerrilla-style Half-Life homage, and now they’ve only gone and released part two. It uses the same blend of live action and game footage to fine effect. They spent $250 making this. To put that into context, Michael Bay spent 742 billion dollars on each of the Transformers films. This contains marginally less robots hitting one another but otherwise it’s far superior. Remember to watch in HD.
Posts Tagged ‘the Purchase Brothers’
By Adam Smith on August 25th, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- abandonhope : “I have an appetite for it, but I haven't announced it yet.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- SDIR : “I'd say Download MechJeb and Engineer Redux initially as a learning tool, but try to switch to all manual when you get the hang of ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- Zagra : “Hmmm... I wonder if the 7th hero is some kind of Aztec or Mayan warrior. He does seem to be holding twin macuahuitls. Moctezuma? Cuauhtemoc? ...” on Diablincoln: Second Chance Heroes Fuses ARPGs, History
- dontnormally : “This; so much this. THIS. THIIIIIS. Nothing has topped Myth II. Sigh. Also, AFAIK Microsoft still owns the Myth IP.” on Bungie: Destiny Not Ruled Out For PC
- chaomodus : “I cannot recommend enough Scott Manley's amazing videos on the subject. He has extensive astronomical knowledge and his videos are extremely amusing and informative. As ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program