The secretive world of Minecraft snapshots, the semi-official weekly updates that Mojang puts out to test the updates, delivered a doozy of an update last week. It supports animated textures. The theory goes that people will use the textures to animate small blocks. So you could have fizzing fire crawling along a Redstone circuit, or maybe a you could use it to animate a powered circuit, like the frightening magic picture above. Cool, huh? Of course, some people have to take it too far.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘the walls are melting’
By Craig Pearson on January 14th, 2013.
Respond to our gibber
- LionsPhil : “It was tons of fun the last time it appeared on Flare Path, but £20 for the lowest Kickstarter tier that includes a copy of ...” on The Flare Path: Elegant Elefanticide
- mr.black : “Well for many a German it'll be pure distilled fun!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- realitysconcierge : “Thank you :)” on Car Wars: EA Announces Need For Speed Rivals
- realitysconcierge : “What I want is a proper personal assistant ala siri baked into windows. That would be nice. The one in it right now is awful.” on Kinect 2.0 Will Start Watching Your Blood Next Year
- trjp : “How do you know this - I dug around for ages but the only info I could find related to the various studios owned by ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision