Thelemite isn’t exactly subtle about its influences. “Melex Archer is a boring programmer who out of boredom signs up to Free Medical Experimentation at FreeMedExperiments.eu and thus, becomes a mutant ninja,” reads its description. “This game was inspired by AAA title Prototype. It involves fighting off hordes off mutants, military, tearing down buildings, and fighting off giant bosses.” And sure enough, while playing, I karate-screamed through the air and mercilessly punted each and every one of those things. I was also able to scamper up buildings like a teenage mutant ninja squirrel and build up a special attack by sort of, you know, slaughtering innocents. So basically, it’s Prototype, but in 2D and with a goofy, occasionally laugh-out-loud-worthy “story.” The controls can be kind of wonky, but it’s big, dumb fun hit with a shrink ray. So go, play, and mash X until all the bad things go away. Thanks, Hookshot.
Posts Tagged ‘Thelemite’
By Nathan Grayson on April 27th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Tayh : “Well, the game does have an achievement for hiring both male and female staff.” on Payback: Game Dev Tycoon Fights Piracy With Piracy
- Crosmando : “Yes but where is the actual information about the gameplay itself. I mean, is it some kind of RTS where the objective is to control ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- Clavus : “Really now? I think you're reading too much into it. From what I see you can control both sides in this game.” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- RobertJSullivan : “It's a French anglicism only used in French : http://fr.wikipe~ I Didn't know that before all these comments though as the only english speaking site ...” on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Revenges On PC
- Crosmando : “Funny that Riot "game", neither it's website or it's Greenlight page actually tell you the succinct details of what type of game it actually is. ...” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More