Being famous nowadays is mostly a challenge. Instead of being recognised for hard work, you’re recognised for being recognisable. Getting in the position to be recognised, just known, is more important than talent. Which makes The Sims 3: Showtime an interesting critique of current celebrity culture: if becoming a star is now a gameshow, it takes a game to show that the correct way of doing it is being talented and working hard.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘THERE IS ONLY POLKA!’
By Craig Pearson on February 2nd, 2012.
By Kieron Gillen on March 30th, 2008.
It was going to be that or “Guildy Feet Have Got No Rhythm”, but it wouldn’t fit on the title line. First I heard of this was John Walker appearing on a late night MSN chat this informing me, in a clear panic, that there was apparently to be no dancing in the forthcoming Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and we should campaign against it. He was gone before I could type “Huh”. However, PCG’s jovial Dep-Ed Tim Edwards has reported further…
“Having just played the game, and tried, as usual, to pass the time between skirmishes by /dancing with my friends, my avatar refused. ‘Hank refuses to dance’, said my Elven Warrior, shrugging his shoulders. I’m absolutely gobsmacked. But the controversy doesn’t end there. I asked around. Who made the decision not to include dancing? According to Erik Morgensen, who looks after the Warhammer Online project for Games Workshop, whether the Warhammer lore supported dancing. “Yes,” he said. “It was Mythic’s call.”
What to make of such things? My personal take is that a lack of dancing is entirely fine. THERE IS ONLY WAR.
Respond to our gibber
- herschel : “Is that a brainhat?” on Man On Man Action: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-op Trailer
- Synesthesia : “I just realised i really, really want to play racing games with an occulus rift. Checking my sides!” on Imaginative Car Pun Headline: Grid 2′s Eliminator
- Svant : “So if you go up level all enemies get stronger, thus making your gear instantly weaker? Like Dead Island did? If that is so, what ...” on Hands On: Grim Dawn
- Synesthesia : “Sounds fantastic, but the horrid, horrid art direction has taken me away me from this one. Everything seems like it's been chromed and embossed in ...” on Hands On: Grim Dawn
- Shezo : “LENSFLARESFACE” on Man On Man Action: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-op Trailer