I’m in a bit of a hurry here, so I haven’t got long enough to go into detail about how No Time To Explain is the hot new indie platformer, you’re just going to have to look at the pretty moving pictures contained within this launch trailer: Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘tinyBuild’
By Lewie Procter on August 16th, 2011.
By Quintin Smith on May 2nd, 2011.
I’m posting this more as a reminder of No Time To Explain’s status than anything else. It started off as a free flash game, then the developers announced they were polishing the game into something more substantial with the best trailer ever made, and since then they’ve amassed almost $20,000 on their Kickstarter page, shattering their original target of $7,000 like a tiny bird flying clean through a windowpane. You’ve still got another 24 days to pledge, with $5 getting you the game at launch (they’re aiming for late summer), a saving of some 50%. For $25 you’ll get beta access and a level editor, and any particularly amazing levels will get into the finished game. Genius.
On April 1st TinyBuild released their first gameplay trailer, which it turned out was just three people dancing. More recently they’ve released an actual gameplay trailer. That’s after the jump.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Quintin Smith on March 23rd, 2011.
Another day, another fun-looking project on the IndieGames Blog. Where do they find all these games? In much the same way as Streets of Rage characters could kick bins to reveal cooked chickens, so I imagine the staff of the IndieGames blog punching the internet only for innovative platformers to come tumbling out.
No Time To Explain is one such platformer based around (1) time travel, (2) propelling yourself around with a high-powered futuregun, and (1) time travel. Do you see what I did there? You can check out the design blog here, play the original flash game here and watch an awesome trailer below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- Screwie : “Searching game news sites works better than pure googling! Here is the last bit of news, from May 1st: http://www.eurog~ Seems like we'll find out ...” on GODUS Publishing Via F2P Mobile Distro, PC Unmentioned
- VelvetFistIronGlove : “There are three fights against boss versions of mutants. They're rubbish boss fights*. I doubt anyone who enjoyed Metro 2033 thought to themself, “Good game, ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- Flobulon : “Really don't understand the confusion here, Molyneux has already confirmed that the PC version will not be free to play, and the alpha is going ...” on GODUS Publishing Via F2P Mobile Distro, PC Unmentioned
- JKjoker : “co-op in a stealth game ? seriously ? oh yeah thats totally going to work, its not like anyone is going to take out the ...” on Man On Man Action: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co-op Trailer
- Erich Honecker : “The video is showcasing the CivilisationCraf~ mod, which runs on the CivilisationCraf~ server. Although 'Civcraft: build with more than just blocks' also runs a lot ...” on A Minecraft Mod To Admeier: CivCraft