A random law of blogging. Things lead to other things. In this case, my piece on Mucky Foot lead to Try.Lee in the Escapist’s comments thread pointing out Ex-Foot-programmer Tom Forsyth released a highly unofficial graphics patch for Startopia, illustrating some Shadowbuffer jiggerypokery we don’t quite understand. He suggests it runs too slow to play, but that was a few years ago, so hopefully the ever-marching power of PC will defeat that problem. He also stresses it’s VERY EXPERIMENTAL. Get it from here. Worth looking at the grabs, if only for Tom’s notes. I particularly approve of the rhapsody about GeForce-1 totting street urchins with tears running down their cheek at the end.
Posts Tagged ‘Tom Forsyth’
By Kieron Gillen on April 28th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- Dr I am a Doctor : “Same Except one step behind Which means good and available indie games ahaha” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- mont3core : “Yeah can you imagine a successful film critic having never seen star wars? And, THEN writing a limp blog post about the first few minutes ...” on On Difficulty: A Few Hours With System Shock 2
- Gap Gen : “Ah sure, plenty of research work isn't published (the debate about whether negative results should be more visible is an interesting one, mind) and is ...” on The Sunday Papers
- lordcooper : “Not Big Pepper.” on Greenlit: Game Dev Tycoon, RIOT, More
- cowardly : “To other people, yes, but there is a large amount of fulfillment to be gained by solving a problem. Most of the maths I do ...” on The Sunday Papers