Disclaimer! I worked with Tom Francis for seven years on PC Gamer, though we rarely made physical contact. There, now that’s out the way I feel better. But even if I hadn’t worked with him, I’d be keen to point out his latest update on Gunpoint to you. Disclaimer! Tom sat beside me for five of those years, sipping his own brewed coffee and saying: “Ahhh, coffee: thriller of tastebuds, lover of tonsils, warmer of tummies. Get in me.”. Gunpoint is Tom’s first game, a 2D world-hacking detective ‘em up. I don’t know when it’ll be finished. I don’t know how much it’ll cost. I do know that it’ll have a level editor, as Tom has released a video showing it off. Disclaimer! it’s below.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Tom Francis: Master of Stealth’
By Craig Pearson on October 15th, 2012.
By Kieron Gillen on February 12th, 2008.
Relaxing with the new PCG: UK podcast, I was entirely unsurprised – if only because Dep-Ed Edwards had told me about it beforehand – to hear the Master of Stealth Tom Francis reveal a little gossip hot from Valve’s Robin Walker. Firstly, they’re still doing the class movies – the next was to be the Medic, to roll out with the class achievements, but it wasn’t quite what they wanted so are reworking. The next will be the Pyro which will “apparently clear up the pyro’s gender”, according to Francis.
For those who haven’t been following the (er) controversy, careful exploration reveals a delightfully girly purse in the Pyro’s locker. Or maybe, as PCG notes, maybe he’s Tellytubby Tinky Winky.
Respond to our gibber
- Henke : “Yes, you HAVE to pay for a hat. You NEED A HAT! Because it's cold outside.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Tacroy : “... you get slots for like everything though - there's one for reaching level 30, one for level 60, one for reaching rank 10 in ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- djriverside : “Woah woah woah, people, that is NOT a Kickstarter link. This is spam. Don't touch.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Tacroy : “Actually, you can get crafting resources in ways besides via Zen - the higher level Leadership "crafting" tasks give you chests of goods, which may ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- fish99 : “It's fairly typical for the mobile marketplace. Angry Birds for instance is F2P/ad supported on mobile, but pay once on PC.” on GODUS Publishing Via F2P Mobile Distro, PC Unmentioned