Aw, the game name doesn’t have any dots! I’ll just sadly power down my Acronyminator and pack it away. Sorry, chap. I know. I was excited, too. Even so, I’ll forgive the Q.U.B.E. developers Toxic Games for naming their first set of Q.U.B.E. levels Against The Qlock. I am not above torturing language until it screams uncle, and I also appreciate a good rub of the nethers as much as the… Wait, Qlock means clock, doesn’t it? Not… [blushes]. Excuse me, I have to heavily rewrite my fanfiction.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Toxic Games’
By Craig Pearson on May 2nd, 2013.
By Adam Smith on January 9th, 2012.
An uncanny piece of scientific equipment. A series of sterile test chambers. A first-person puzzle game that demands spatial awareness and the precise handling of increasing combinations of elements. It’s Q.U.B.E. and this is Wot I Think.
By Jim Rossignol on December 9th, 2011.
Gosh, did we really not post anything about super-stylish indie puzzler Q.U.B.E. since Lewie’s interview a while back? It looks like we did not. And it’s a game worth keeping an eye on, I think, not just because it’s a neat idea for a first-person game, but also because it’s the first title from the Indie Fund, that cabal of clever indies who have got together to back innovative projects. Q.U.B.E. will be their first game, and it’s an intriguing prospect: a first-person puzzle of escalating complexity, based on the properties of a selection of coloured cubes. You can take a look at the official trailer below for a bit of an illustration of what that means, and remember that the game is out December 16th on Steam.
Read the rest of this entry »
By Lewie Procter on August 17th, 2011.
Toxic Games are getting ready to show the world what they’ve been working on, as they prepare to let the public get their hands on the latest build of Q.U.B.E. at PAX next week. I caught up with Technical Director, Dave Hall, to see how the development is going, and get a better idea of what to expect. Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- lord_strange : “"Deus Ex: Human Revolution was an absolute joy". Apart from the boss fights. I still shudder when I think of those. I've never played a ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- Apocalypse : “http://www.youtu~ Funny enough, it seems like you actually can. Found a little video from some dude that plays it on ultra with a 8800gts and ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- gi_ty : “HA! Glad to know I wasn't the only one who unleashed hordes of ferocious man eating dogs on those pesky Gauls.” on OK, Seriously, Are They Going To Kill Call Of Duty Dog?
- Hyperion : “DAYTONNNNNAAAAAA~ oh wait, no SEGA logo. oh well.” on The Oval Office: Nascar – The Game 2013
- PampleMoose : “I feel the reason HR's ending failed was because it was push a button > trigger a cutscene. At least you had to do different ...” on Kane And Lynched: Hitman Dev Hit With Huge Layoffs