Not content with the impressive CG versions of their main characters from multiplayer open-world shooter Firefall, Red 5 Studios have gone a bit overboard on the cosplay and brought in pros to play the parts of a couple of their armoured cartoon soldiers. I don’t think the jetpack actually works, so he won’t be making a Jingle All The Way entrance to PAX or anything. Yes, it’s more than faintly ludicrous, but I couldn’t help playing into the hands of this bizarre promotional strategy: seeing a grown man and woman enthuse about wearing plastic space armour is something we should all witness. As, you know, a warning.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘ultra-cosplay’
By Jim Rossignol on January 7th, 2012.
By Alec Meer on February 11th, 2009.
As I’m already atrophying my feeble soul by posting about viral marketing, I might as well show you this too. THQ decided to build a real-life Space Marine Rhino APC to promote the upcoming Dawn of War II (on which we hope to have a Wot I Think soon-ish). If a picture speaks a thousand words, then a short video of a science-fictional tank crushing a car should certainly make up for the brevity of this post’s word count:
Respond to our gibber
- sebmojo : “Nah, it's fab. I'm currently ensconced in MechWarrior Online (they just fixed machine guns!!!) or I'd be playing it lots.” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- MeestaNob : “I just don't want another multiplayer game...” on Heavy Gear Assault Enters The Kickstarter Arena
- Monkey : “Bored Yawn 10 - The Borringing” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Kaira- : “They're dead and gone, I'm afraid. And that's the true crime in gaming. :(” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Liquidoodle : “Don't you mean WOOFACE ;) Collar Duty : Modern Woofare... a new breed of soldier.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery