Two-man studio Refactored gave us quite some cause for excitement when they recently showed off their extra-terrestrial colonisation strategy and survival game, Unclaimed World. With ambitious things being said, and Dwarf Fortress being referenced, I realised we had to find out more. I spoke to Morten Pedersen.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Unclaimed World’
By Jim Rossignol on January 31st, 2013.
By Jim Rossignol on January 25th, 2013.
Crikey, look at this lovely indie RTS: Unclaimed World is “a single player game which takes cues from Dwarf Fortress and The Settlers but with more emphasis on survival, improvised crafting and research.” There’s a video of its beautiful rolling, living landscapes below in a video that shows scientists observing wildlife on an alien planet. Developers Refactored explain that they’re aiming to enable us to “plan and manage a human settlement on an alien planet.” So basically they have opened up my head and emptied out my videogame desires onto their design doc.
Respond to our gibber
- arccos : “Thank you for teaching me something I never, ever, ever wanted to know. My nightmares tip their hats to you!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Stinkfinger75 : “I'm flabbergasted to read that Denny's has made its way across the Atlantic.” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Strange Brew : “Are all games simulations? Are all simulations games? IS THERE A SPOON?!” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- AngoraFish : “I appreciate that you've written your comment as a quick, semi-humorous riposte without thinking, but feel free to reflect on the legal implications of "dodging" ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- mwoody : “If you use NoScript or anything similar - or, I'd wager, overly zealous Internet security software - the site will fail in a variety of ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision