Today on Obscure Russian Strategy Watch we’ve got a blinder in the form of Real Warfare: 1242. It’s a kind of Medieval: Total Russian Bloom, in which blurrily-lit real-time soldiers do strategy in each others pauldrons, unto death. Awesomely the game is based entirely on the life and times of one of Rus’ most splendid medieval heroes, Alexander Nevsky, who famously thrashed European invaders and negotiated a useful not-getting-pasted pact with The Golden Horde. The 1c announcement explains: “The player’s goal is to direct Alexander Nevsky through meticulously recreated historic battlegrounds and achieve the greatest of victories by repelling the attacks of Teutonic and Swedish knights, bringing Lithuania to peace and eliminating every single invader in 1242.” The first video of the game in motion is buried beneath the rich earth of this post.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘unicorn games studio’
By Jim Rossignol on September 14th, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Mattressi : “"The people are against them, the politicians are against them, the founding fathers were against them, the constitution is against them. Now the US military ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- vivlo : “"the rest of the video is so boring." that's because you never played the game (if you did never play the game ?..) and that ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- shagohad : “you know just because you are against pouring billions of dollars into killing people of absolutely no threat in far away countries doesn't mean you ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- vivlo : “i used to play this... on nintendo ds. Not all day, but close enough. If i have thumb arthrosis one day, it will be because ...” on N Times: The Way Of The Ninja Updates
- Astartes : “Stop it, we're trying to be cynical here.” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery