The GDC trailer for the latest version of the Unreal Engine isn’t exactly dynamite, but there’s one really interesting feature: the Master Control Program. This sinister-sounding application allows designers to precisely analyse activity within their maps – just as we saw Bungie do in their Halo level design chatter last year. I think it’s an interesting glimpse into where game design tools are heading, and the kind of meta-data that game designers can now rely on when they’re working with tech as sophisticated as this. A similar story of real world environment-use design came up when talking to the BLDGBLOG author recently, but I’ll link to that particular brain-dump when it goes live.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘unreal technology’
By Jim Rossignol on April 3rd, 2009.
Respond to our gibber
- Jupiah : “Wow, that's a lot of games on sale. I already bought all the D&D games in their last big D&D sale, what other hidden gems ...” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free
- sabasNL : “Can't blaim EA on this really. I'm actually surprised they make a PC port at all. I think alot of gamers nowadays have a PC ...” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version
- The Random One : “Pretty amazed that the PS4 wins by becoming worse so it's as bad as the 360 was. At least indies can self-publish on it, right? ...” on Who ‘Won’ E3 And Other Assorted Musings
- Jupiah : “What is this trickery? Torchlight isn't free for me, it's one cent!” on GoG Summer Sale Begins, Torchlight Currently Free
- Capt. Eduardo del Mango : “Ah, RPS' comic sense of smug superiority when it comes to football. Is it a class thing, perhaps?” on PC FIFA 14 Will Be Previous-Gen Version