Posts Tagged ‘ut2004’
By Jim Rossignol on June 17th, 2009.
UPDATE: From 7pm UK time? EDIT: Use .zip version of the game for Steam UT2004.
Keen-brained readers might recall a comments thread conversation we had about the lack of airships, balloons and other dirigibles in games. I decided we had to fix that, and the easiest way to do it was by starting up a game of the brilliantly barmy balloon combat mod for UT2004, Air Buccaneers. You probably don’t remember it, as it was one of the more obscure mods of the time, but it’s wonderful, mad, and remarkably atmospheric. In it two teams fight with cannons, blunderbusses, “air-mines” and other steampunk equipment, as they traverse the skies in rickety balloons. It’s brilliant. I downloaded it, and booted it up and… disaster. No servers. Fortunately, the heroic men at PC Gamer UK stepped into the breach and put a server up! (184.108.40.206:8077) Now it’s down to you lot to get the mod, and bring this work of airship excellence back to life, if just for a few evenings. More details below.
Respond to our gibber
- Thule : “I can't wait for the Idle thumbs episode where Sean talks about this and they go on some hilarious tangent about it.” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- riverman : “I gave the first one a pleasant five or so hours of my life, but never got around to firing it back up. that said, ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Radiant : “But did either of them cry?” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- Captchist : “We're talking about Project Milo right?” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- iucounu : “My current co-op partner suffers from terrible lag.” on Revealed – Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number