Are games art? Can we authentically depict emotion in a virtual space? What is the meaning of Tetris? Can we read authenticity into the actions of Master Chief? If a tree falls in a forest and no one’s around to hear it, is it the Citizen Kane of games? Intrusion 2 attempts to answer precisely none of these important questions. Instead, it’s a Metal-Slug-esque sidescroller, but with gorgeous physics-based animations and an oddly understated love of over-the-top insanity. Like, sure, there’s prominent trailer time given to dire wolf lightning gun jousting, but it’s all so gloriously matter-of-fact. Also featured: grappling robots, chimeras with swords for tails, and a giant mech snacking on a steel bridge like it’s corn on the very brittlest of cobs. There’s an old demo on the game’s website if you’re interested, but it hardly even gazes into the abyss of gleeful absurdity the new trailer so thoroughly plumbs. Find it after the break.
Posts Tagged ‘Vapgames’
By Nathan Grayson on April 20th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Kitsunin : “Now that I know about the whole tarot thing, it's odd. It makes sense though, really. I would normally be really confused if swords were ...” on Roguelikeboardgamelike: Cryptic Comet’s Occult Chronicles
- Phasma Felis : “Come now, Syndicate wasn't that bad.” on Telling Tales: Molyneux Vs Vanaman
- oldfart : “Man, I'd totally would buy a nerd glasses + crowbar combo.” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush
- Josh W : “You could at least try, angle for something less addictive.” on Wot I Think: Soundodger
- Runs With Foxes : “why” on Revealed – Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number