My head’s been deep in a WW2 space recently, for reasons too complicated to explain, so the news that this year’s version of Warbirds – Warbirds 2008, for the non-calendar reading audience members – has been released. It isn’t actually just planes – you can also trundle off in tanks and ships and robots, except without the robot. The new update adds two new maps – Ardennes, of the Battle of the Bulge fame, and Atoll, made famous (er) by Fighter Ops Simulation on AOL back in the 90s. Apparently. There’s ten new and spruced up aircraft too, including the ever-popular Lancaster Bomber. And other ones, but we’re only going to mention the Lancaster, because we’re provincial like that. There’s a free month’s trial currently available at the site, but it’s a “You have to give credit card one”, so be sure to remember to cancel if it doesn’t take your fancy. Unlike me, who never does in a classic Those Who Fail To Learn From History Are Doomed To Repeat It manner.
Posts Tagged ‘Warbirds 2008’
By Kieron Gillen on June 9th, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- oWn4g3 : “Hm are those key stores (like the one selling Metro) trustworthy though? I got the game already from Steam but it would be a great ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- iniudan : “TWO-FACE” on Hallelujah: Chemical Spillage Simulation Is Real
- Lanfranc : “I'd suggest doing things manually at least until you have learned how to do them, then going with Mechjeb from there on. Not just for ...” on (Not) Rocket Science In Kerbal Space Program
- golem09 : “And again, Bulletstorm does register on Origin too ;) I've been enjoying that quite a bit (more than I expected) yesterday. Best shooter for years, ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Extreme Precision
- PragmaticStatistic : “I got a score of 12,313 with GeoGuessr. With all my Google Map making skills used in finding ambiguous locations for the 130 Google maps ...” on There Goes Your Entire Day: GeoGuessr