I’ve got a lot to write about recent Indie-faves later, but until then, here’s a quickie about a pre-RPS indie fave which caught my eye. Specifically, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space. Digital Eel have released their IGF-winning sound-track for download and ear-listening. You can get it from here. Hell, the Demo is on the same page and I strongly recommend you to give it a shot if you haven’t already. It’s a gloriously hyper-speed space-exploration game. Essentially, when most normal humans play a game of Solitaire in a coffee break, people who read RPS should be playing things like Weird Worlds. And for more information, here’s my 2005-era Eurogamer review.
Posts Tagged ‘Weird Worlds’
By Kieron Gillen on June 2nd, 2008.
Respond to our gibber
- Jekhar : “Just curious, what happens when a game is pulled from steam that you bought before? I know GoG has also pulled a number of titles ...” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold
- bstard : “Hobo: Any plans with PvZ in the future? Flashy sales guy: Currently we're doing market research for Sim Plants. It'll be a multiplayer garden where ...” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- TwwIX : “With EA involved? OF COUUURSE NOT! They're a very consumer friendly after all.” on PopCap On Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- Ninja Foodstuff : “I thought they made it perfectly clear that all PC gamers are pirates, are thinking about becoming pirates, may have been pirates at some point, ...” on Shock: AC IV PC-Bound ‘A Few Weeks After’ Consoles
- amateurviking : “Something's been odd about the relationship between Beamdog/Overhaul and whichever not Atari is currently calling itself Atari these days for a long time. For example ...” on Yikes: Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Pulled, BGII On Hold