This is a lovely, simple, violent, artistic idea, fairly well executed. White is a thing of horrible cuteness made by students at students at ENJIM, a French design school. Essentially, it’s an FPS set on a blank canvas. Patrolling this canvas are various little bug dudes who waddle about, getting into staring contests with each other and warbling to vague tunes. You are a shooter chap armed with a series of weapons, including a gravity gun for moving the little blighters around. Each weapon has a different effect on the bugs, which bleed their colour on to the canvas when maimed. A shotgun turns them into a splat, a machinegun will send them running, while bleeding out a trail of their colour, and the grenade thing just splatters them everywhere… You get the idea. As you kill, you draw. Hit Esc and you can see what you have drawn with the paint-gore of your victims. I suppose I should have drawn the RPS logo, but I will leave that to someone with more time, and less sense.
Posts Tagged ‘White’
By Jim Rossignol on October 26th, 2010.
Respond to our gibber
- Strangerator : “Socialism imposes hard caps at either end of the freedom scale. You have to decide if you like this or not. However, the problem comes ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Bhazor : “Which is why I don't use Steam unless absolutely mandatory.” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Mr-Link : “By that token I shouldn't care about all the different social issues in games that RPS points out (Sexism, racism..etc) because they don't have any ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Asherie : “The original developers lose out. If there were only 5 people in the world, and 2 of them made a game for the other 3 ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature
- Jimbo : “I'm saying there's no problem. And if there is a problem as a result of somebody agreeing to terms they were fully aware of but ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry Hatred Of Human Nature