I’ll admit, I only downloaded Whoopservatory because of the silly name. I couldn’t resist. But I’m entirely happy I did, as it’s an excellent way to spend the 20-ish minutes it takes to explore the abandoned laboratory of Dr Magnusson, Half-Life 2 Ep2′s grumpy counter-part to Dr Kleiner. Magnusson has made, ooh, bad things happen at an isolated observatory and Freeman has been sent to show them Crime (left fist) and Punishment (right fist). Fittingly, for someone so inept at human interaction as Magnusson, the central twist of this map is that it’s co-operative, but with yourself.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Whoopservatory’
By Craig Pearson on March 7th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- basilisk : “Nobody buys a license *without* the copy of the software attached, do they? Of course not, and companies don’t sell licenses to their software that ...” on Unlearning To Share: The Industry’s Hatred Of Generosity
- GaiusJulius394 : “I am more and more happy with how this game looks every time I see it. Great job Jim & Co.” on Sir, You Are Hiking In The Mountains
- golem09 : “Also consumers, please stop buying racing games, RTS, MOBAs and MMORPGs, because I hate them. Devs shouldn't waste their time with those things just because ...” on Parkour Vs Zombies: Techland’s Dying Light
- RedViv : “Oh, that is amusing indeed. Not quite as fun as "Xbone", but still. No. Wait. I have an idea. ex-bone biome ex-bone biome biome ex-bone ...” on Sir, You Are Hiking In The Mountains
- analydilatedcorporatestyle : “Indeed, being hunted by pipe smoking robots looks fun!” on Sir, You Are Hiking In The Mountains