We can reveal that it is an on-rails shooter because, well, that is what is revealed in the art-trailer which Atari have just released. That trailer, as is the fate of all trailers, is entombed below this post for you to watch. It talks about how the super-abstract shield-egg-fly weirdness of the original has been re-imagined as an Anime-inspired shooter, with a touch of Avatar. Yar was a fly in the original, and has “evolved” into a cute girl flying a robot in this. I know, it’s as if the original game was basically irrelevant to what they are doing here.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘why is this happening’
By Jim Rossignol on February 3rd, 2011.
Respond to our gibber
- eclipse mattaru : “I see. I suppose that the RPS policy, being the highbrow British website for privileged intellects it is, is to leave half the information out ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- IndigoHawk : “That's actually a merchant. Most of the armor in the game for players is fairly conservative and all looks the same really. Expensive fashion items ...” on Twenty Bucks: Neverwinter
- Upper Class Twit : “So, uh, has anyone seen Traffic? How was that? Genuinely curious if that "Oscar Award winning author" is anything to be excited about. Also, if ...” on Call Of Duty: Ghosts RPS EXCLUSIVE Dogshot Gallery
- Ringwraith : “The Dominion game mode, which no-one plays (comparatively). Nor do you get a gold income increase for holding points, the entire gametype is purely around ...” on EA’s Dawngate MOBA Detailed, Beta This Friday
- lamduawgh : “which explains this a bit more and is pretty funny: http://www.youtu~” on Guns For Hire: Jagged Alliance – Flashback