The landscape of PC gaming is littered with bright ideas and good intentions: both of those things seem true of 0 A.D. Wildfire Games have take the popular template of Age Of Empires-style historical RTS, and made an open-source project out of it. You can see the fruit of their labours in a series of videos – linked below – or, hell, you can download the alpha and play it (Windows, OSX, Linux). Wildfire are so keen on getting people involved to create mods and variants – or to help with the main game – that they’ve even gone and posted a how-to guide on how to engage with their programming plans. Commendable.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Wildfire Games’
By Jim Rossignol on November 28th, 2012.
Respond to our gibber
- Kitsunin : “Aww what? I can kind of respect the idea, but it's a bit pointless if it's not something you're ever actually going to see at ...” on Live Free, Play Hard: Then Mystical Snake Shit Happened
- whiskey9 : “Look this is all nice to say that you don't support violence. None of us support violence and yet there are situations where violence is ...” on Telltale On Wolf Among Us, Following The Walking Dead
- Mario Figueiredo : “Thanking mod makers is like thanking a welder for welding; It's always a nice thing to say, but really not that necessary. We get our ...” on The Sunday Papers
- mont3core : “Thank you! SS2 is a mind blowing game that was far ahead of its time, and probably far ahead of our time. Sure it takes ...” on On Difficulty: A Few Hours With System Shock 2
- Arglebargle : “There's probably a happy medium somewhere in there. I have been in situations where my character would know things that I, the player, have forgotten. ...” on The Sunday Papers