We sent Brendan to see Wildfire Worlds a few months back, and he was moderately amused. Now though, you can get at the “cute paper society with riots” by signing up to the alpha. Anyone can take a look for free, but as devs explain, there’s a bigger version you can pay for: “You can interact on some new smaller test levels, but not in the big city. If you want to get your hands dirty in the big city and plop some little agents of destruction in there you need to buy one of the tiers with alpha access.”
Posts Tagged ‘Wildfire Worlds’
By Jim Rossignol on February 8th, 2013.
By Adam Smith on October 29th, 2012.
Mr Caldwell introduced the riotous delights of Wildfire Worlds a week ago and now there’s a tech demo available so you can see the unrest simulator in action. The one hitch is that none of the unrest is in place yet: no subversive influences, no catalyst for calamity or change, and no interaction.
The tech demo is a little town doing it’s cute little routine thing, with everything going to plan. The first build will allow you to browse around and watch your subjects going about their business. They are a bit sheep like right now.
Still worth a look. The trailer shows how quickly things will get out of hand once the player has a molotov or two strapped to the cursor.
By Brendan Caldwell on October 22nd, 2012.
Wildfire Worlds is a “cute paper toy society” with riots. We sent Brendan to take a look.
The London riots caught us all by surprise. Whether or not they should have done is a question best left to David Dimbleby and his bumbling corral of inquisitors. But one thing I do remember thinking during the unrest, between feverishly refreshing Twitter and peeping at the BBC out of the corner of my eye, is this: someone should make a game about rioting? Preferably viewed from the top-down, so you can see the chaos spread. Wouldn’t that be interesting?
Read the rest of this entry »
Respond to our gibber
- mwoody : “Hrm, good to know about Blood Bowl. $10 on Steam for the Chaos edition is still a good chunk for what it adds, but it's ...” on The RPS Bargain Bucket: Hit Back
- FriendlyFire : “I very much invite you to get to the level required to understand the proof and then spend a decade analyzing it to see whether ...” on The Sunday Papers
- FriendlyFire : “Ah, Bhazor, always making insightful comments about the essence of humanity in the perspective of technological progress and the alienation of our digital selves from ...” on The Sunday Papers
- Don Reba : “Haha. That was an amusing search.” on The Sunday Papers
- FriendlyFire : “Especially if people consider them to be mutually exclusive - I don't give a damn about Dota or LoL, give me more actual RTS games! ...” on The Sunday Papers