When X Rebirth was announced back in April, there wasn’t a huge amount of information to ponder so it seemed natural to expect something similar to previous games in the series. Turns out that while there will still be a great deal of piloting and trading, some things have indeed changed. The most significant shift is the focus to one ship, The Pride of Albion, which is upgradeable and customisable but cannot be switched out for a different vessel. In a forum post outlining some details about the game, Bernd Lehahn pre-empted the horror of the fanbase: “But before you get upset and complain about the lack of freedom to steer other ships, WAIT”. Are you waiting? Because that command was capitalised. OK, now click.
Posts Tagged ‘X Universe’
By Adam Smith on October 5th, 2011.
By John Walker on April 20th, 2011.
Fans of the X series? Awake from your comas – the series is back with the freshly announced X: Rebirth. There’s four images, too. And a trailer!
I know there are mixed opinions of the space shopping X games (no skateboarding jokes, please), but really no one is in any position to disagree with their having named the first game’s expansion pack, “X-Tension”. Really, let’s all stop and just clap at our monitors for a moment.
Respond to our gibber
- Shivoa : “Flawless logic... sorry, I mean trolling.” on Obsidian And Allods Online Devs Making “Skyforge”
- Donjo : “"Otherwise Valve’s primary occupation seems to be a mad scientist lab somewhere underground while also selling everybody else’s games on their store." I'm ok with ...” on GameFace: Valve’s AR Goggles Surface Elsewhere
- harvb : “Been playing this for a few weeks now and have to say it's pretty addictive and well worth a punt. I, however, suck at it.” on There Is No Barrier To The Door Kickers Trailer
- CrispinFister : “I think people are giving it a free ride because they probably played the original while drunk or stoned (or both). The first game was ...” on Wot I Think: Metro: Last Light
- Cerius : “Nival's logo at least appears here http://www.youtu~ Since I don't speak russian, I can't say though if this has any relation. Edit: Watching it: Probably ...” on Obsidian And Allods Online Devs Making “Skyforge”