What’s a man to do if he’s bored with Arma 2, and tired of Day Z, but still wants meticulous rifle-toting in Bohemia’s soldier sim engine? Should he look to history and pick up X1′s Iron Front: Liberation 1944? Or is this a trip to the Eastern front too many? Here’s wot I think.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘X1 Software’
By Jim Rossignol on May 30th, 2012.
By Jim Rossignol on May 15th, 2011.
Our forward scout in the realms of war, Sgt. Stone, has pointed out to me that Deep Silver and X1 Software have announced their new game, Iron Front. What is interesting about this is that it is an all-encompassing soldier sim set on the Eastern Front in World War II, using the Arma II engine. Oh my. It’s going to have a big old campaign filled with infantryman experiences, but also – and the phrasing here made me smile – “Using their computers, tacticians will control tanks, including the famous German battle tank Panzerkampfwagen VI or “Königstiger” and the Russian Stalin tank JS2, or fighter planes such as the Focke Wulf 190 and dive bombers like the Stuka or the Petlyakov PE-2.”
The game is out later this year, and we’ll bring you more details on it when we can procure them.
Respond to our gibber
- Frank : “"Will people who weren’t backers even care enough to buy it? Does it even matter if they do at this point?" (1) Yes and (2) ...” on Shadowrun Returns Returning Next Month, Bringing Editor
- bowl of snakes : “Yep, it has that microtransaction~ difficulty ramp where if you aren't ponying up more you're fighting the same thing over and over.” on Knights of Pen & Paper Rolls For Initiative Today
- noom : “No comment” on Shadowrun Returns Returning Next Month, Bringing Editor
- dE : “Ugh. Thanks for the punch in the stomach. I'll think twice about making a Shadowrun Returns campaign now, like I did campaigns and worlds for ...” on Shadowrun Returns Returning Next Month, Bringing Editor
- HecticGlenn : “Hi, I was the one who posted the article on Valvetime after much research into the database beforehand. I would like to clarify, the article ...” on Of Course Valve Are Working On Half-Life 3, Now Shush