Yesterday I shared my brief experiences with XCOM’s tactical mode, telling the tale of terrified men and women sent to their untimely deaths as I gleefully discovered that any confidence I had was misplaced. They sure did die a lot. I didn’t die with them though because I’m the commander, sitting in my base and commanding. The scariest thing I have to do in person is deal with the financials and the sinister Council who administer them, that and the occasional moral dilemma.
Posts Tagged ‘xcomho’
By Adam Smith on May 23rd, 2012.
By Adam Smith on May 22nd, 2012.
It’s Alec who normally brings you the latest on Firaxis’ XCOM remake so I expect you shall be somewhat confused to hear that I actually played it last week. Alec will probably never forgive me for taking what he saw as his rightful place but he was too busy being rained on in Greece to defend the Earth from invasion. I didn’t manage to protect anyone from the invasion either but I did cause a few soldiers to die trying. They might have specialisations and there might be less of them per squad, but the poor sods are as vulnerable as ever. This is how they died.
Respond to our gibber
- Shiny : “On the one hand, spending a lot of time polishing up a build for E3 is a waste of precious development resources. On the other ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- KenTWOu : “Arkham Asylum had the same basic idea going on and it worked pretty well. That idea worked pretty well, because Arkham games doesn't have wide ...” on Thief: Eidos’ Words Vs My E3 Playthrough
- Scrooge McDuck : “SR2 has 3 DLCs. The Third has 18.” on Volition Looking To Mod Support For Saints Row Games
- Tanner : “A fair warning. Multiplayer combat is broken. This game is unplayable in multiplayer unless you invoke some house rules or just exclude any combat from ...” on Civil Served: Civilization V: Brave New World Footage
- JessMcGuire6 : “Reagan. I just agree... Martin`s blog is flabbergasting, yesterday I picked up a new Renault 4 when I got my check for $6839 this - ...” on Valve Are Releasing A Game